YOU WOULD BE AMAZING IN A CARE SETTING! COME AND SEE WHY!
READ ON FOR SOME FUN FILLED FACTS ABOUT WHAT IT IS REALLY LIKE WORKING IN CARE, OR DIVE STRAIGHT IN AND HEAD OVER TO OUR JOBS’ VACANCY PAGE!
Find your perfect job today!
- Did you know St Philip’s Care started life with just two care home, we now have 32 care homes in the St Philip’s portfolio!
- Did you know 1.3 million people work in care!
- Nearly another half a million work in related roles in care, from maintenance to administration.
- We have some incredible members of staff who have worked at the same homes for years! Carers who have worked for 34 years, a maintenance man who has worked for 31 years, a cook for 22 years, a manager for 25 years! Wow!
- We give all our staff extra holiday for loyalty!
- We have a supportive career pathway for those that want to progress.
- We provide fully paid training and induction for all our carers!
- Did you know we pay the National Living Wage and above in all our care homes!
- 16 – 18-year-olds are paid the same salary as their older colleagues unlike many other industries.
- Did you know the 6 Cs of care are: care, compassion, courage, communication, commitment and competence?
- Care is one of the few industries where you can work your way up from a domestic in a care home to a company director!
- Care is a super flexible industry to work in, with different shift patterns and roles to fit in with your life.
- Bank roles enable you to have total control over your working life.
- Our senior management team aren’t on the golf course, they are in our care homes, every week, every month, every year.
Investing in Our People
Not only do we support all our employees to be the very best version of themselves, with supportive career progression throughout the company, but we also offer practical help. We know how difficult it can be for our staff to find accommodation, especially near to our more rural homes, so we have invested in beautiful housing near to our homes, so that our staff, can have a safe place to live. Whether you are considering relocating, or are struggling to find housing in the current climate, speak to us, and see if we can help.
Staff house in the beautiful Scottish Highlands
Why work in care?
To make a difference
To change a life
To make people smile
To bring happiness
To end loneliness
To promote confidence
To enable independence
To maintain dignity
To be compassionate
Best bit about working in care:
“No two days the same”
“The team spirit”
“St Philips is my family”
“Knowing you have made a difference”
“Good to give back”
“Get my daily step count up!”
“Listening to the stories of our residents”
You don’t need qualifications or previous experience to join the St Philip’s family, all you need is to care. So, head on over to our jobs page and we’ll do the rest!